For patients with severely damaged or missing teeth, dental restorations can be helpful to improve the look and function of the smile. Out of the several dental restorations available, crowns and bridges are some of the most popular ones.
Dental crowns are caps fitted over the top of damaged or decayed teeth to protect, shield, and restore the shape of the teeth. Bridges consist of multiple crowns cemented together to span a gap left by one or several missing teeth.
At Foxfield Dental, our expert dentists help restore our patients' oral health with a dental crown or bridge by repairing their smiles and preventing further damage.
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped prosthetic devices positioned over the tooth to restore its stability, structure, and appearance. Crowns achieve the following purposes:
- Crowns shield and cover severely damaged or decayed teeth.
- When teeth's natural structure is lost and can't be addressed with dental fillings, crowns can help.
- Crowns are often the final stage during a dental implant or root canal procedure. It helps strengthen the vulnerable tooth from cracking or fracturing.
- Crowns are used to secure and hold a dental bridge.
- If a tooth is severely misshapen or has a severe cosmetic imperfection, crowns can be used to cover and protect it.
- Besides shielding a weak tooth and improving oral health, porcelain crowns also enhance the tooth's appearance as well.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Crowns hold a cracked tooth together and stop further deterioration.
- They cover and strengthen a tooth with a large filling.
- Crowns cover severely discolored, damaged, or misshapen teeth.
- Crowns restore a broken tooth.
When an artificial tooth is affixed and supported by two dental crowns placed on each side of the missing tooth's space, they are referred to as a dental bridge. Here, the dental crowns support the bridge while the artificial tooth rests between these abutments. For patients with one or more gaps in a consecutive row, bridges may be the right tooth-replacement option.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Bridges resolve bite issues and fix the speech impairment due to the missing teeth.
- Bridges offer permanent restoration for missing teeth quickly and conveniently and prevent deterioration of the jawbone.
- Bridges prevent the gap's adjacent tooth from shifting out of its place.
- Dental bridges look natural and match the color and shape of existing natural teeth.
Foxfield Dental, located at Foxfield, CO, is equipped with the best dentists and modern technologies that enable the best dental care facilities for the patients. Call (720) 870-0401 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about porcelain crowns and other dental care services.