Implants are one of the most highly sought-after dental restorations. They are used to replace missing teeth that are extracted from your mouth in their entirety. Dentists from all around the world recommend dental implants over their alternatives, owing to some of the excellent features they offer.
Why choose implants?
- Implants offer excellent strength and stability. The metal stud is usually made from titanium, a robust and durable material, which keeps the implant from breaking or snapping off.
- The crown can be customized to match the appearance of the adjoining natural teeth. Its color, texture, contour, and translucency can be customized as required. Even if anyone takes a closer look at the prosthetic tooth, they will not be able to distinguish it from the adjoining natural teeth.
- Patients who lose a tooth can often experience pain and discomfort while biting and chewing food. This issue can be resolved when an implant is used to replace it.
- The patient's phonetics will be restored to normal.
- Implants last for several years together, provided they are cared for well.
- The metal implant stud inserted into the jawbone helps to hold it intact, thanks to the screw-like grooves on its surface.
- Placing an implant prevents the remaining teeth from drifting from their ideal positions.