Porcelain crowns are usually made from dental-grade porcelain, which is the go-to material to fabricate dental restorations. It is tooth-colored and can be customized as required to mimic the appearance of the adjoining teeth. Further, the material is strong and highly durable, making the crowns last for a significantly long time without any hassle.
What are the advantages of choosing porcelain crowns?
- Crowns can be used to restore teeth that are broken, chipped, naturally misshapen, excessively spaced, etc.
- Since they are made from dental-grade porcelain, they can be customized to match the esthetics of the natural teeth and avoid being distinguished.
- They are long-lasting and durable.
- The procedure required to place a crown is quite simple and less time-consuming.
- Crowns help to save a natural tooth by providing the necessary structural support.
- Dental-grade porcelain is biocompatible and hence, doesn’t cause any infections.