Sleep apnea is a disorder where a person experience pauses in breathing during sleep. Obstructive sleep apnea is a severe condition where the supply of oxygen to the parts of the body, most importantly the brain, is stopped. If left untreated, the disorder could worsen, where the frequency of it occurring during sleep could increase. The treatment can elevate your energy, mood, and concentration. It also provides general health benefits such as reducing your blood pressure and the risk of sustaining a heart attack or stroke.
What are its symptoms?
- Loud snoring
- Bruxism (Grinding or clenching of one's teeth during sleep)
- Interrupted sleep, which doesn’t allow the patient to enter the deeper stages of sleep
- Persistent headache
- Low tolerance levels
- Tiredness and reduction in sex drive
- Choking and gasping for breath while sleeping
- In extreme cases, insomnia and severe ADHD
- Increased chances of heart attack and stroke